This pizza is about all things summer. I had a similar one from Rosso Pizzeria at a Tuesday night concert in the Healdsburg Plaza and knew instantly I wanted to reproduce it for NOURISH.
Remember to start the Long-Rise Pizza dough the night before so it's ready to go when you're ready to bake the pizzas. Once you have the dough pulled together, just let it stand on the counter and do its thing.
- Long-Rise Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Italian sausage (chicken or pork), grilled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh marjoram
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F with a pizza stone.
Lay 2 (14-inch) square pieces of parchment paper on the counter and gently shape 1 dough portion at a time into 10- to 12-inch rounds. Stir together oil and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Brush one pizza crust with half of the oil mixture and scatter half the mozzarella over top.
Alternate half of the tomato and zucchini slices on top of crust and scatter half the sausage slices on top. Crumble half the feta and marjoram over the top. Repeat with remaining pizza.
Using a peel or the back of a cookie sheet, slide the pizza and parchment onto the pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the parchment. Continue baking for 5-7 more minutes, until crust is golden and top is bubbly.http://nourishnetwork.com/2014/05/30/pizza-zucchini-tomato-feta/