This potato salad recipe is a bit like a Nourishified stuffed potato. It’s got all the fixins you love — sour cream, bacon, chives, and even goat cheese — but in proportions that amp up flavor without making you feel like you just ate a house. Take it to your Fourth of July picnic, or serve it with barbecued ribs and Slow Cooked Molasses-Honey Baked Beans.
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1-½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 slices bacon, cut crosswise into thin slices and cooked until crisp
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- Sea salt or truffle salt, to taste
Mix together sour cream, goat cheese, vinegar, oil and dry mustard in a large bowl.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for 15-20 minutes, or until the tip of a sharp knife can pierce a piece of potato easily. Drain and add to dressing in bowl. Toss well to mix, smashing the potatoes slightly as you do. Let cool to room temperature.
Mix in bacon and chives and season with sea salt (or truffle salt, for something special).
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes