The heat of the jalapeno and bite of the red onion play nicely off the subtle sweetness of the peaches in this summery salsa recipe. Serve this peach salsa with just about anything grilled, from pork and chicken to salmon. Or if you’re like me, pop open a cold beer, rip open a bag of tortilla chips, and dig in! I like my salsa caliente, so I leave the seeds and stems in the chile pepper. To tame the heat, discard the stems and seeds.
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Sea salt, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Let the peach salsa to stand at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop and intensify. You can make this up to two days in advance and store in the refrigerator.