Everything about this sandwich makes me happy. The radishes–so vibrant and colorful–come straight from our back yard, the bread from our local bakery, and the goat cheese from grazing goats just a few miles away. Even the olive oil comes from a local producer. The radish offers a peppery hit that’s lovely against the creamy, pungent cheese.
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 baguette, halved horizontally
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (like Maldon)
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Spread the goat cheese on the bottom half of the baguette and layer with radishes. Sprinkle with salt and top with arugula. Drizzle oil on the top half of the baguette and cover, pressing down firmly. Cut into four pieces and serve.